Powered by Blogger.

chanel holiday 2015 collection: rouge noir

I'm a huge sucker for Chanel's holiday collections, and have been for quite some time. I can't resist anything that's li...



I'm a huge sucker for Chanel's holiday collections, and have been for quite some time. I can't resist anything that's limited edition, but I always only opted for the nail varnishes- a slightly more "affordable" offering. However, this year, with the return of the infamous 'Rouge Noir', I just couldn't resist. You know by now that when I see anything that's either maroon or gold, I've just gotta have it!

I hit up my beloved Chanel counter at Holt Renfrew, and was instantly drawn to the new Illusion D'ombre cream eyeshadow in 'Rouge Noir'. I've talked a lot about how much I love their cream eyeshadows- the first one I purchased is the first time I've ever completely used up an eyeshadow, I believe. This is, as expected, a gorgeous jewel-toned maroon with tons of shimmer in it, which I love...but I couldn't really think of too many times that I'd use this product, so I had to pass on it.

I knew for sure that I wanted the 'Rouge Noir' polish- I mean, it's a cult classic- of course I had to. I suspected that I might end up purchasing all three polishes, to be honest. 'Rose Fusion' is a lovely metallic polish that's a silvery/greyish violet, and the limited edition 'Lamé Rouge Noir' top coat has gorgeous specks of chunky gold glitter. (Spoiler alert: I only went home with Rouge Noir, and now I slightly regret it, as the top coat appears to be sold out almost everywhere in Vancouver. I do wish Chanel offered online shopping for Canada!!!!) If you're a fan of vampy shades on your nails, this will be right up your alley. With two coats, it almost shows up black, but with a gorgeous oxblood undertone.



The wily salesperson told me that there was only one of the eyeshadow palettes left. Now, while they are gorgeous, I've never been particularly drawn to Chanel's palettes. Just like Charlotte Tilbury and Tom Ford, I just couldn't justify the price despite how luxurious the packaging looks! I really don't know what came over me...perhaps it's because I'd never come across a palette with both maroon and gold (really, my kryptonite at this point), and perhaps I was in a sucky kind of mood and needed some serious retail therapy. I ended up going home with both the polish and the palette. The salesperson had been kinda uppity towards me up until she rang up my purchase, but after seeing my Chanel FW15 inspired nails (or maybe the fact that she knew for sure I was going to buy something lol), she rummaged around in the cupboards and graced me with 4 wonderful samples! I've always been curious about Chanel's skincare, but have been extremely deterred by the price, so I'm super excited to give these a try.



EDIT// Since drafting this post, I've gone back to the Chanel counter and ended up purchasing 'Rose Fusion' after all, plus Troublante, which is another limited edition polish (it's a gift for my friend!) Apparently they're now sold out of Rouge Noir as well. If you're still looking for one, Shoppers Drug Mart's Beauty Boutiques had a few in stock, but you might wanna go ASAP....


I have a love-hate relationship with duochrome polishes since I seem to always love how they look in the bottles, but not so much on my nails. 

here's the shift in colour for Troublante!
Rose Fusion + Rouge Noir



You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram!