Powered by Blogger.

1 of 1000: pat mcgrath's gold 001

I'm sure Pat McGrath is someone that needs no introduction. However, if SOMEHOW you really have been living under a rock, Pat is th...




I'm sure Pat McGrath is someone that needs no introduction. However, if SOMEHOW you really have been living under a rock, Pat is the makeup artist responsible for some of the most iconic runway looks in the past decade- be it Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, etc etc.- though she is most known for her mind-blowingly unique looks for Dior.

jessica stam @ dior fw09


As she is such an icon in the industry, you can understand the chaos that resulted when word came out that she would be releasing her own line of makeup products. The first product to be announced was Gold 001- the same product she used in the Prada SS16 runway show.

backstage @ prada ss16 via vogue
Pat did an excellent job keeping us all wanting more by posting multiple looks on her instagram to demonstrate how truly versatile the product is, and lucky Parisians were treated to makeovers by Pat herself + her makeup team in the gorgeous Jardin des Tuileries.

Of course, the madness only multiplied when we found out there were only 1000 available for sale. As many of you know, I am obsessed with gold eyeshadow. I refuse to buy palettes that don't contain a gold shade, and when I'm in Sephora, I hone in on anything near me that's gold, immediately swatching them all. I was determined to get my hands on one of the shadows no matter what. Unfortunately, there wasn't really any info available, despite the many articles that mentioned the product. We all knew the date, but there was no time listed. After an hour or so of scouring her instagram comments the night before, I read a post that said it would available at 12PM PST. I was slightly skeptical, but didn't think too much of it at first. However, right before I headed to bed, I decided to trust my instincts and set my alarm for 8:45AM (aka slightly earlier than 12PM EST).

...and didn't I just hoot with joy when I went on the website at 8:50AM and realize that the product had already been released slightly early?! See, I just knew there was no absolute way that anything related to ~*high fashion*~ would happen in PST!!! (I have trust issues and it all worked out for me, haha.) I was worried that checking out slightly earlier than the actual release time would cause a glitch and I'd have gone through all of this for nothing, but I decided not to wait any longer and just bought it right away. The process was very quick, though it was slightly concerning that I didn't receive a confirmation email. I went back to bed for a quick nap and was concerned when I read her IG comments and saw that some had received an email and I still hadn't. Luckily, mine came an hour later, and by then, there were heartbroken comments left by those that had been unable to purchase Gold 001. 

!!!!!!!!
Anyway. I finally received my package 2 weeks ago, and it was just love at first sight. First of all...the packaging. Can we just gush over the packaging???




A photo posted by roz ♡ (@rawrzuhlind) on


Isn't it just to die for???? Such a beautiful gold and so much glitter...this product genuinely has my name all over it. 

 
dry swatch vs. swatch mixed with mehron mixing liquid
On the instructions, there is a suggestion to smash the dome of the eyeshadow with the spatula provided to create a pigment to be mixed with the Mehron mixing liquid. However, for fear of damaging this gorgeous product, I opted for just dipping my brush in the Mehron and applying directly from the eyeshadow. The only downside for me is that for daily practical use (ha! this product isn't meant for practically anyway), this is too bright and too yellow- I usually gravitate towards burnished gold shades. No matter though, using this dry with a fluffy brush adds a lovely glitter touch and can make a boring neutral look pretty fun for the holidays! I also tried using this as a cheek highlight, barely brushing the top of the product with my stippling brush and blending really well. With a light hand, it could actually work if you're one that actually enjoys glittery highlighters.



And of course, I had to give the Prada look a try myself, didn't I?

what a fun look to wear to school or work! ;)
the aftermath.

Closing off this post by mentioning that Pat McGrath is releasing yet another product in a week, and though we all have absolutely no idea what it is, the teasers she's been posting has left me wanting....so I'll keep you all updated ;)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram!