Powered by Blogger.

boxing day haul + new year's eve makeup

Quick update on my Boxing Day: I got the two things on my list that I wanted the most! Honestly, I think I got quite lucky- I didn...



Quick update on my Boxing Day: I got the two things on my list that I wanted the most! Honestly, I think I got quite lucky- I didn't leave the house till around 3:30, but I finished in about two hours including travel time! I decided to check the Aritzia at Oakridge Centre, thinking it wouldn't be too busy- but there were about 50 people or so in store. I headed straight for the section that I knew they kept the dress in, but I could only find one in size 0. Disappointed, I walked around without really looking at anything else when I suddenly noticed a rack of the Belgravia dresses which I instantly made a beeline for. There was only one of each size left and luckily they had one left in mine! I tried it on and it fit perfectly, so I went to go pay without even looking at anything else.

Zara on Robson....yikes. The store was absolutely packed, with over 50 people in line both upstairs and downstairs. Once again, I got lucky in that I looked all over for the jacket and finally found it sandwiched between some other items. There was only ONE left, period. Luckily again, it was in my size, so I grabbed it without thinking. I also found the patent bluchers, but I didn't like them as much in person so I left them. Honestly, I think it was a good thing I made a list- otherwise I'd have been super flustered/indecisive and probably would've ended up spending more money on things that I was unsure about, in true Roz fashion. 


To be honest, this is my makeup from a Christmas party, but I'm planning on re-using it for a NYE party....if I even end up going. (Let's be real, I'd much rather spend my evening in bed browsing tumblr. This is what my sad life has come to...) Regardless, it's a fun but simple look- an easy smoky eye topped with tons of glitter. Oddly enough, I don't actually own any gold pigments/glitter....I'm going to need to change that. I made do with some copper glitter from Anna Sui & a shimmer white pigment as a inner highlight- brow highlight is my usual Watt's Up from Benefit! Lips are, of course, a default red. I don't wear foundation on a daily basis, but just for this I decided to whip out my Shu Uemura Lightbulb Foundation. Hair is messy as heck- I've taken to curling my hair every week as I usually do come holiday/party season, but my little baby hairs & flyaways just refuse to stay put, sigh. Apologies for the embarrassing amount of pictures- I like how they came out and I went overboard with the selfies!





So. New Year resolutions. Do you make 'em? I'm just not the type of person to be able to stick to something like that, though I do think I'll be making a list of things I hope to accomplish by the end of the year. This year, I'd decided to try and drink more water- I am drinking more now than I did before, but I still need to be drinking the recommended amount. Baby steps! 2014 wasn't really an amazing year for me, though my trip to Italy was definitely a highlight. I'm also glad I've decided to give this blog a second chance. (and I'd like to thank everyone that's been reading!)

For 2015...as cliché as it may sound, I'm really hoping it'll be a new start. I'm doing something slightly new at school, and I'm also trying to polish and change up my ~style~, not to mention keep chugging away at this weight loss journey. I've been surprisingly productive with blog posts this month, and though I'll be busy once again when school starts, I'm hoping to at least keep a consistent schedule that entails more than two posts a month, haha. Here's to exciting changes and new adventures in 2015- happy new year, everyone!

bring on 2015! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram!