Powered by Blogger.

yet another ice cream post ft. earnest ice cream

You may find this hard to believe as I've called myself an ice cream aficionado so many times it might as well be my given name, but ...


You may find this hard to believe as I've called myself an ice cream aficionado so many times it might as well be my given name, but until last month, I'd never gone to Earnest Ice Cream before. I've wanted to since it opened, and I drive past it all the time....but somehow........I've just never been. Well, obviously this was a situation that had to be rectified. You see, on the day that Cybil & I went to Le Marché St. George, I'd planned on stopping by, but Cybil said it was too cold for ice cream (It's never too cold for ice cream, darling...but if you insist so.) Then last week, we decided to meet up to exchange Christmas gifts and she suggested Earnest- of course I was up for it! Ironically, it was even colder that evening than the day we were there =____=




It's usually quite packed, with the line going out the door, but that evening it was fairly calm- seats were filled but there were only 7 people or so in line. I, of course, went with the dark chocolate peppermint + cookies & cream. I genuinely have no idea what Cybil got...I'm guessing it's the cranberry walnut. She'd been trying to secretly pay for mine as well, but got distracted by the menu, and by the time she'd finished deciding, I'd already paid for mine. She's adorable, haha.



Oooooh, this was delicious. The chocolate is extremely rich- the same reason I hesitate to order chocolate typically, but the peppermint really helped balance it out. The cookies & cream was DIVINE. I love that they use soft cookies instead of hard Oreos. Will definitely be getting this again. 

Unused to having people take my picture, but I guess Cybil is my unofficial photographer these days, haha. It looks like I'm being extremely anti-social, but many of our hangouts consist of me showing her things on tumblr & instagram ;)




Off-topic, but I'd gone to see The Nutcracker earlier that day. Cineplex is doing a dance series where they're airing The Bolshoi Ballet's performances live on the big screen thanks to Pathé Live! I know this is the closest I'll ever get to seeing the Bolshoi in person, so I had to go. Tickets are $19.95, and this month's feature is Swan Lake, which I highly suggest going to- the exquisite Svetlana Zakharova is the prima ballerina for the part of Odette/Odile. If you don't already know her, you may recognize her from the opening ceremonies of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. The Nutcracker was so fun- I've seen it numerous times as a child, but there's nothing like seeing the Bolshoi perform it. It made me so emotional that I cried during the passionate grand pas de deux!! Please please please go see Swan Lake, everyone! 

Earnest Ice Cream on Urbanspoon

You Might Also Like

1 comments

instagram!