Powered by Blogger.

holts beauty bag spring 2015

I really love skincare and make-up samples, but have never tried out any subscription services (aside from Julep) because while I love surpr...

I really love skincare and make-up samples, but have never tried out any subscription services (aside from Julep) because while I love surprises, I'm not willing to spend money on a box where I'm not entirely sure just what I'm going to get.

Now, I've known of the Holts beauty bags since I first saw their spring 2013 bag in-store. I'd eyed it every single time I walked in, but in the end, never purchased it since I wasn't sure if I'd use all the products. Looking back on it now...I really regret not buying it, haha. Since then, I've kept an eye out for new bags, but was never really completely sold on the samples they were offering. However, that all changed when I received an email about their spring 2015 bag....


...which as you can see, I've gone and purchased. There was really no doubt I would go out and buy this the minute I saw the samples that were included. Even when I actually picked up the bag...it's quite heavy! Just look- that sample of eye contour cream from Clé de Peau alone is enough to convince me. These are genuinely amazing deluxe samples- there's an eye & lip cream from Guerlain, an anti-aging creme from Estée Lauder, a hair mask from Oribe, a body cleanser from Aesop (a brand I've always wanted to try), a nail cleaner from Deborah Lippmann, a Chantecaille cleanser, a dermabrasion scrub from Darphin, and Clinique's custom repair serum (yet another product I've always wanted to try but was unwilling to pay full price for.) To top it off, you get a voucher for $10 off a min. $25 purchase! The bag itself is $35, but all of this is valued at $175- what. a. steal! The lady that helped me told me that this is one of their best bags yet, and I don't doubt it a bit. 


The bag itself is pretty cute and handy- there's a zippered pocket, and also a hook for hanging in the washroom, and the bag itself is pretty roomy. I love the bright magenta lining that just screams Holt Renfrew, haha. 

Here's a look at some of the samples out of their boxes.
I've tried the Darphin scrub once (which I do like so far), and the Estée Lauder creme as well since I'm already using other Estée Lauder skincare products. I know for sure I'll get a lot of use out of all these samples, and I'm just so happy with it all!

I also picked up Holts' holiday beauty bag which was a collaboration with Rebecca Minkoff. The bag itself is absolutely gorgeous- metallic and a bit like liquid gold glitter- but I wasn't too enthused about the samples, so I hadn't bought it right away (but it's on sale now!!!) 


I never purchase clutches or small bags like this, as I just have too many things to carry, but the best thing about this bag is the fact that IT ACTUALLY CAN HOLD MY DSLR!!!! I couldn't believe it! Again, the samples themselves aren't too exciting to me, but I will use all of them- I like the Estée Lauder eye serum, and the Laura Mercier isn't something I'll use daily, but will be pretty for a special night out, I think.

Playing my part as an enabler (as always)- I honestly urge you to go buy this season's beauty bag, because it's just such an amazing deal that no one should pass it up.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram!