Powered by Blogger.

ice cream social

As should be well known by all readers of this blog by now, I am extremely dedicated to my (self-titled) job as an ice cream aficionado. I c...

As should be well known by all readers of this blog by now, I am extremely dedicated to my (self-titled) job as an ice cream aficionado. I constantly have my eyes open for any new gelaterias or ice cream parlours in Vancouver, or perhaps any ice cream related events- and luckily enough, I was alerted via the good folks over at Scout Magazine to BETA5's Ice Cream Social!



I'm no stranger to BETA5- I've tried many of their desserts before and while I hadn't been there in a year or two, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. When I arrived, there were over 15 people in line, and small groups of people were seated all over the parking lot, enjoying their ice cream. I was joined by my good friend, Anneliese, and it made the wait that much better, as we got a chance to catch up. When we finally got to the front of the line, we were greeted by this menu:


Unfortunately, they had run out of most of their ice cream sandwiches, and the only flavour they had left was cookies & cream. As tempted as I was by the other choices, I decided to opt for the sandwich, while Anneliese went for the mojito sorbet cream puff. 





I loved the macaron cookie exterior of the sandwich- the ice cream itself was softer & creamier than I'm accustomed to, but it was quite delicious. I'd foolishly thought that I'd have been able to get back in line and try some other things after finishing my sandwich, but it definitely filled me up, haha! All in all, it was a great night, and I'm thankful to the folks at BETA5 for organizing such a fun event :)



If you haven't already been, I'd highly recommend you go check them out- they're famous for their cream puffs, but I also love their salted caramels & panna cotta in a jar (which I'm not entirely sure whether or not they still offer!)


BETA5 Chocolates on Urbanspoon






You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram!