Powered by Blogger.

Continuing from yesterday's post, I suppose. I guess I should've seen this coming since my parents are still suspicious of me from y...

Continuing from yesterday's post, I suppose. I guess I should've seen this coming since my parents are still suspicious of me from yesterday. Dad cleaned my room today and him and mom started yelling at me because of junk food/nail polish.

Mom and I had the usual argument- 'why don't you tell me anything', 'what problems could you possibly be having when we provide you with food and a house to live in', 'if you have problems now, what are you going to do when you're older and have REAL problems?'

See, ma, this is exactly why I don't tell you anything. You're so quick to dismiss my problems as...well, non-problematic simply because you think I should have no worries. I told her that money has been a huge issue, and she says I shouldn't worry about it because she's paying for school. I argued that that was PRECISELY what I no longer wanted- she thinks I'm a burden and so I no longer want to be a burden. I'd rather pay for tuition myself. Then she got mad again and said that wasn't the point.

Going back to them never being proud of me- I stated as much, and she sharply exclaimed, "well, have you done anything deserving of my pride?"

Well. That was that. I'm sorry I can't measure up to my friends. I'm sorry I'm such a disappointment.

She then said..."if you're so unhappy, maybe you should move out."

In the end, we made up, but these statements are going to marinate in my head for a while. I can't say I'm not hurt. This is real tough love.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram!