Powered by Blogger.

FALL 2015 RUNWAY TRENDS: BEAUTY

A bit of a throwback post since Dave Lackie & Nina Westbury will be coming back to Vancouver next Wednesday ! Last September, they came ...

A bit of a throwback post since Dave Lackie & Nina Westbury will be coming back to Vancouver next Wednesday! Last September, they came for yet another fall trends presentation and luckily enough, I was able to attend again. This was my third time seeing them, including a little Shiseido Ultimune presentation that they hosted in the summer. In case I hadn't made it clear in 2014, any event with these two is a total party- full of laughs, goodie bags, and just a whole lot of fun! (And of course, you always learn so many little tips and tricks from Nina, not to mention the many entertaining stories Dave tells.)

This time, Dave showcased three fall trends:

1) "Bollywood Kohl"



Dave noted that kohl lined eyes popped up at shows everywhere (with varied degrees of thickness). On lighter eyes, this definitely helps to make them pop- I have dark brown pupils and my eyes aren't that big, so I tend to avoid completely lining my lower lashline, but there are, of course, more wearable looks that should work on all eye shapes!

I definitely noticed that Pat McGrath was very much into the heavy liner/smokey eyes last fall, and of course, what Pat does, everyone copies...which might explain why this was such a huge trend, haha. Here I've listed examples from three of the shows Pat did- Lanvin FW15, Versace FW15, and Diane Von Furstenberg FW15.

Hedvig Palm @ Lanvin FW15

Maartje Verhoef @ Versace FW15

Ondria Hardin @ Diane Von Furstenberg FW15

In contrast, at Cavalli, Petros Petrohilos used black & silver liner on the lower lashline but applied a neutral gloss on top, which I think makes a really nice balance so that the liner isn't too heavy.

Dylan Xue @ Roberto Cavalli FW15
I don't have any gloss, but I used a Marc Jacobs Twinkle Pop stick in 'Honey Boney' for the eyelid shade, and Marc Jacobs' Feather Noir mascara for a very very natural, ~barely there~ lash look.




2) "Eclectic Eyes"



I really liked the single blocks of colour on the eyes from the Au Jour Le Jour fall 2015 RTW show- the look in the middle is actually comprised of two different looks, but I liked it so much I decided to do it exactly like that. These reminded me slightly of a Mondrian painting, and if you look at the actual pieces from the collection, you'll see they're definitely bright and abstract, with many of the eyeshadow shades being drawn from the clothes themselves.



I haven't worn black eyeliner in ages, so had to make do with an Urban Decay 24/7 liner- that stuff is way too dry and results in a crumbly mess under your eyes. I don't suggest using it in this way, haha. I did really enjoy not having to worry about my sparse brows though! ;)
Another eye-catching (but slightly more understated) look I enjoyed were the paisley accents at Rochas FW15 by Lucia Pieroni:

Yuan Bo Chao @ Rochas FW15


3) "Blackened Rouge"


Aya Jones & Iesha Hodges @ Giles FW15

Of course, I had to give it a try as well! Black lipstick isn't something I'd ever think I would be able to pull off, but I actually kinda like this, haha. As I don't actually own black lipstick, I packed on some glittery black eyeshadow over Burberry's 'Oxblood' lipstick, and topped it off with Clinique's 'Black Honey' superbalm gloss.


And of course, Dave being Dave, none of us walked away empty handed. I took my friend Christina with me- it was her first event and she was so excited about the amount of things we got in our bags!



Here's a link to the entire presentation if you wanna check it out!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

instagram!